The Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Galaxy Traveller's! Kick Back & Enjoy Your Stay !  
Don't Be A Jerk & Lurk, Come On In & Chat
Warning do not click on the advertisments below they go to shady sites!
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Merry Christmas
    Big Chief Forget - Me Not Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 10:16 pm by Emma from Australia

» A Few Songs I Like
    Big Chief Forget - Me Not Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 4:28 pm by Emma from Australia

» Australian hair accessories!!!
    Big Chief Forget - Me Not Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 7:20 pm by Emma from Australia

» Australias new PM!
    Big Chief Forget - Me Not Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 3:37 pm by Emma from Australia

» A few funny pictures
    Big Chief Forget - Me Not Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 7:14 pm by Emma from Australia

» IRON
    Big Chief Forget - Me Not Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 5:20 pm by Emma from Australia

» Merry Christmas From Australia
    Big Chief Forget - Me Not Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 3:43 pm by Emma from Australia

» Give ~ Love ~ Trust
    Big Chief Forget - Me Not Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 8:49 pm by Emma from Australia

» FACTS YOU MAY NOT KNOW
    Big Chief Forget - Me Not Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:35 am by Colt Walker

Social bookmarking
    Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Galaxy on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The Galaxy on your social bookmarking website
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Give Away Of The Day

Big Chief Forget - Me Not

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Emma from Australia
    Star Fleet Captain
    Star Fleet Captain
    Emma from Australia

Big Chief Forget - Me Not Empty
    PostSubject: Big Chief Forget - Me Not   Big Chief Forget - Me Not Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 3:37 am

Big Chief Forget-me Not

An Australian travel writer touring Canada was checking out of the Vancouver Hilton, and as he paid his bill said to the manager, "By the way, what's with the Indian chief sitting in the lobby? He's been there ever since I arrived."
    "Oh that's 'Big Chief Forget-me Not'," said the manager. "The hotel is built on an Indian reservation, and part of the agreement is to allow the chief free use of the premises for the rest of his life. He is known as 'Big Chief Forget-me Not' because of his phenomenal memory. He is 92 and can remember the slightest details of his life."
    The travel writer took this in, and as he was waiting for his cab decided to put the chief's memory to the test.
    "G'day, mate!" said the Aussie, receiving only a slight nod in return. "What did you have for breakfast on your 21st birthday?"
    "Eggs," was the chief's instant reply, without even looking up, and indeed the Aussie was impressed.

He went off on his travel writing itinerary, right across to the east coast and back, telling others of Big Chief Forget- me Not's great memory. (One local noted to him that 'How' was a more appropriate greeting for an Indian chief than 'G'day mate.' ) On his return to the Vancouver Hilton six months later, he was surprised to see 'Big Chief Forget-me Not' still sitting in the lobby, fully occupied with whittling away on a stick.
    "How," said the Aussie.
    "Scrambled," said the Chief.
    Back to top Go down

Big Chief Forget - Me Not
    Page 1 of 1