The Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Galaxy Traveller's! Kick Back & Enjoy Your Stay !  
Don't Be A Jerk & Lurk, Come On In & Chat
Warning do not click on the advertisments below they go to shady sites!
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Merry Christmas
    Strange News. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 10:16 pm by Emma from Australia

» A Few Songs I Like
    Strange News. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 4:28 pm by Emma from Australia

» Australian hair accessories!!!
    Strange News. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 7:20 pm by Emma from Australia

» Australias new PM!
    Strange News. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 3:37 pm by Emma from Australia

» A few funny pictures
    Strange News. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 7:14 pm by Emma from Australia

» IRON
    Strange News. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 5:20 pm by Emma from Australia

» Merry Christmas From Australia
    Strange News. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 3:43 pm by Emma from Australia

» Give ~ Love ~ Trust
    Strange News. Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 8:49 pm by Emma from Australia

» FACTS YOU MAY NOT KNOW
    Strange News. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:35 am by Colt Walker

Social bookmarking
    Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Galaxy on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The Galaxy on your social bookmarking website
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Give Away Of The Day

Strange News.

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Colt Walker
    Star Fleet Captain
    Star Fleet Captain
    Colt Walker

Strange News. Empty
    PostSubject: Strange News.   Strange News. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Bare breasts vs. neighbour's ATV

Strange News. Topless

Marika De Florio, of Seeley's Bay, shows a little skin in her yard yesterday evening. (Ian MacAlpine, QMI Agency)

Bare-chested battle drawing a lot of attention

TORONTO - Marika De Florio is using bare breasts to win a feud with her neighbours.

The 56-year-old says she is sick and tired of her neighbours' five-year-old grandson driving a loud all-terrain vehicle for hours on her quiet street in Seeley's Bay, near Kingston. So she found a solution under her shirt.

De Florio has discovered that if she goes out topless, the boy's horrified grandparents rush the child into the house.

And she said she will continue to go topless every time the child rides the ATV.

"It is maddening," she said of the noise.

"I'm going mental. I can't breathe and I'm not moving, but I need some peace. I can't believe I did this, but they pulled the kid inside and then

called police because of their small-town mentality."

De Florio says the problems with her neighbours, Mike and Nancy Berry, started two years ago when she moved to the area.

Leeds OPP, which covers Seeley's Bay, have received complaint calls from both De Florio and the Berrys.

She is not breaking the law, because in Canada women are allowed to be topless.

"There is not a criminal charge for that ... not since 1996," said Toronto Police Const. Isabelle Cotton.

De Florio says she decided to go topless to solve the problem because police wouldn't do anything about the ATV noise. She said it's the bravest thing she has ever done.

"I'll do what I have to to eradicate this problem," she said.

Mike Berry says he is also at the end of his rope.

"I'm not happy with what has been going on," he said. "We need a little give and take. It isn't right to go around topless in front of kids."

Bare-breasted protesting has gained notoriety and popularity over the past decade.

Former University of Guelph student Gwen Jacobs caused an uproar when she strolled topless down the street on a hot summer day in July 1991.

She fought all the way to the Ontario Court of Appeal and won the right for women in the province to go shirtless in public, so long as they are not seeking commercial gain or displaying overt sexuality.

Protest groups, such as People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, have grabbed media attention around the world by protesting activities ranging from bullfighting to wearing fur with staged PR stunts using topless women.

And women across North America have engaged in a number of topless protests over the right to breastfeed in public.

By KEVIN CONNOR, QMI Agency
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.modnoghost.com

Strange News.
    Page 1 of 1